Thursday, January 26, 2012

I knew the answer for the question I pretended to be asking.

Look at my nephew!!! In a red t-shirt!!! Isn't he the most adorable thing?!
He showed me his ugly face!
Puppy eyes
So Tet holiday has technically ended, but my REAL vacation starts tomorrow!!! I'll be going to Hongkong for 3 days with my baby sister. I'll leave my laptop at home so I wouldn't be online in the next few days. This blog entry serves solely one purpose: to report my Tet holiday which is a very interesting part of my very interesting life, a part that I don't ever want to repeat but sadly just does every year.

Generally, it went better that I expected. Like, people around me were all very excited for Tet so I couldn't tell anyone that I have lower and lower expectation for Tet each year. And this year I was expecting it to be really boring and torturous where I have to meet people I don't want to meet and talk to people I don't want to talk. Well I did have to do some of that, but much less, because my parents somehow gave up on waking me up in the morning to greet their friends and take me to their friends' houses with them. Words cannot describe how grateful I am for that because I couldn't care less about the lucky money, really.

I got to hang out with my cousins and friends quite a lot, which is a good thing and did great to lift my mood. Because somehow during Tet, our family just quarrel more and for the tiniest reason possible.

I went to watch a movie with my cousins on the second day of Tet and the cinema was PACKED. It was understandable because there's only one cinema in my city. Still gave me quite a shock. We had to take the seats on row C, which was the third line from the screen.

Brownie at Highlands Coffee 
Hanging out with the cousins at the cinema. The film was really bad though.
Me and Grandma
These are Korean's New Year Treats. They looked so pretty I had to take a picture (You can see my lucky money envelope right there teehee~) But some of them tasted really bad. Like, I don't know, you are chewing uncooked flour...
They are so colorful 
But don't taste nearly as good as their looks
On the third day I went visit my Highschool teachers with some old friends, which is a thing I haven't done in years. It was fun though, and we went to a restaurant after that.

Also my bestie is back for the holiday. I couldn't hang out with her much because I'm leaving for Hongkong tomorrow already, but she looks great and it was nice to see her yesterday.

This blog entry is pointless, I know. But I wanted to blog before my trip IDK. I'm now going to go pack and we'll leave early tomorrow. Expect a blog full of pictures in three days when I comeback, okay? And have a nice day!!!

1 comment: